Dry Brushing: Enhance Detox & Lymphatic Drainage
ChillRx recommends using dry brushing techniques prior to both cryotherapy and infrared sauna treatments. Dry brushing, as explained below, accelerates the detoxification process and will stimulate the lymphatic system to evacuate inflammation, toxins and even fat! ChillRx is now offering Dry Brushes for sale.
THE BENEFITS OF DRY BRUSHING
Your body’s largest organ, the skin, is responsible for about one fourth of the daily detoxification of your body. Dry brushing your skin is an ancient technique that can help to detoxify the body more effectively. It is also wonderful for rejuvenating your skin and keeping it looking young and healthy!
Not only does it improve the appearance of your skin by sloughing away dead cells, helping new skin to regenerate, but it also stimulates blood circulation, the lymphatic system, and greatly enhances toxin elimination.
Why is this important for great health?
The Lymph System is made of white blood cells called lymphocytes and the interstitial fluid that bathe our cells, bringing our cells nutrients and removing their waste. The lymphatic system absorbs fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the digestive system and delivers these nutrients to the cells of the body. All detoxification occurs first and foremost through the lymph. The lymphatic system is responsible for removing and destroying waste, debris, pathogens, toxins, and cancer cells.
Dry brushing literally pumps the lymph system helping to move toxins that cannot be transported in any other way back into circulatory system for elimination. If these toxins stay in our systems outside the blood vessels, it attracts other fluid. The result is swollen joints, skin issues and cellulite, or worse: a weakened immune system that can contribute to many other illnesses. Since the body’s lymphatic system is stimulated through dry skin brushing, toxins are excreted more efficiently from the body through sweat, breath, urination and elimination. Since toxins are eliminated from the body quicker, dry brushing also strengthens the immune system. It may help keep you healthy through cold season and reduce the duration of an illness and accelerate healing by clearing toxins from the body.
How do you dry brush your skin?
Lymphatic System Dry Brushing Detox
Choose a brush with natural bristles—nylon and synthetic fiber brushes are too sharp and may damage skin. Yerba Prima makes one with a long detachable handle. This makes reaching your whole body much easier!
- Dry brush your dry and naked body before you shower or bathe.
- Start at your feet and sweep in an upward motion, always moving towards your heart.
- Sweep toward the inner thighs, where the lymph nodes are.
- For arms, sweep toward the arm pits also where there is a cluster of lymph nodes.
- Every morning is best, but do it any time before a bath or shower, at least a few times per week.
- In addition, dry brushing your skin before getting into to an infrared sauna or warm bath will help your skin and your body to detoxify and stay younger and healthier over time. You can complete this simple and inexpensive home remedy with your favorite natural moisturizer. Coconut oil, almond oil or any other natural oil with a few drops of your favorite essential oils is also a great option.