ChillRx Acoustic Sound Wave Therapy
Let's Get Rid of Your Pain!
- First time Shock Wave Treatment: $75
- Shock Wave Treatment: $99 (after the first visit)
ChillRx Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) introduces sound waves into painful areas of the body. The treatment works by stimulating the body’s own regenerative potential and enhancing blood circulation to damaged tissue. Beneficial effects are often experienced after only 1 to 2 treatments and there is generally no downtime.
ChillRx ESWT can successfully address pain in the knee, heel, foot, ankle, hamstring, back, neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. ESWT can also provide trigger point therapy, address sports injuries, scar tissue, stress fractures, enhance bone healing, sexual function and much more.
Benefits of Shockwave Treatment
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Significantly relieves pain
- Greatly improves blood circulation
- Breaks up adhesions and scar tissue
- Releases trigger points
- 91% success rate (as per clinical studies)
- Non-invasive, no risk for infection
- No anesthesia required
- No downtime, fast healing time
ESWT (extracorporeal shock wave therapy) has 3 mechanisms of action:
- Shock waves create micro-trauma called “cavitation” in the treatment area. The body responds with natural healing processes, including the activation of your own stem cells. Stem cells stimulate fibroblasts which make up the body’s connective tissues such as tendons & fascia. ESWT has the potential to relieve pain and to generate new tissue! ESWT also stimulates the production of new blood vessels and nerve tissue.
- ESWT diminishes pain by over-stimulating the local nerves that send pain sensation to the brain. ASWT reach the brain, crowding out pain signals that do not reach the brain.
- ESWT can break up scar tissue and calcifications (plaques) which may be directly or indirectly causing pain.
Cryotherapy vs. ESWT
Cryotherapy is the application of cold temperature to the body and is used to reduce inflammation and minimize tissue damage. Cryotherapy reduces swelling and pain, accelerating recovery and healing.
ESWT works for chronic pain issues, where there may have been tissue damage (tendons, ligaments, cartilage and muscle). Chronic pain must be addressed as continuously using degenerative tendon tissue can cause further damage or lead to compensation and new injuries.
We do not recommend utilizing ESWT and cryotherapy on the same day. ESWT stimulates healing through localized inflammation--cryotherapy reduces inflammation and may interfere with the healing process created by ESWT.
Conditions that can be treated at ChillRx with ASWT:
- Achilles Pain
- Back Pain
- Golf & Tennis Elbow
- Frozen Shoulder
- Hamstring issues
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Muscle & Connective tissue
- Neck Pain
- Overuse Injuries
- Pain Relief (various conditions)
- Scar Tissue Treatment
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder Pain Activation
- Stress Fractures
- Tendon Injuries
ASWT relieves pain and forces your body to create new tissue cells in the damaged area. This gradual healing will take place for days, weeks and even months after ASWT. Some clients feel pain relief immediately! Some clients may experience mild soreness or bruising after ASWT. Clients experience continued improvement for up to 12 weeks after treatment.