We are located directly across from the Westfield South Side train station, at the corner of South Avenue and Summit Avenue.
We offer an introductory treatment for $150. We also offer a 3 pack for $850, 5 pack for $1350 and 10 pack for $2500. We also have seasonal discounts throughout the year—currently we have the 3 pack on sale for $650!
Ideally, clothing that allows access to the body part that will be treated, but we have wraps, robes, etc., so clients can come as they are!
Pagani T Shock machine uses cryolipolysis to cause the lipids in fat cells to crystallize and stimulate fat cell apoptosis (cell death). The lipids are released into the blood and lymphatic systems and are removed from the treatment area.
Once every two weeks for higher fat areas such as abdomen, love handles, thighs, buttocks, back.
1 x per week for arms
The treated fat cells are permanently destroyed—they will never come back!
We stack multiple treatments to optimize results - All together, these treatments take about 2 hours.
- Cryo T Shock manual application is 60 minutes.
- Acoustic Wave Therapy (kills additional fat cells that may have only been “injured” during previous treatment—also annihilates cellulite!) is about 5 minutes.
- Whole body cryotherapy is 3 minutes.
- Vibration therapy is 5 minutes.
- Compression Therapy is 30 minutes.
Yes! We offer phone consultations with one of our wellness technicians. Please just call our main phone number and we are happy to answer all of your questions.
Fat Reduction: Once every 2 weeks
Cellulite Reduction: Once a week
Toning (no fat reduction, just skin tightening): Twice a week
Frequency is dictated by the type of treatment applied. During fat reduction treatments, a great deal of fat is released in to the bloodstream and lymphatic system. It is important to not overload these systems. Fat reduction treatments should not occur more than once every 2 weeks to ensure detoxification systems are not overwhelmed.
Cellulite reduction is working on both fat reduction and the improvement in the appearance of cellulite so the demands on the detoxification system are not as great. Similarly for toning.
Our fat reduction treatments permanently destroy fat cells in the treatment area. These cells are destroyed and do not come back. We do recommend that our clients try to burn as much fat as possible in the 2 weeks following their treatment. Eating and drinking moderately will lead to overall weight loss and fat reduction. We recommend clients maintain a healthy diet that is low in carbs and sugar and engage in an active lifestyle that includes exercise and strength training. We also recommend that our clients AVOID alcohol.
For maintenance, clients may want to do additional ChillBody treatments prior to important events and vacations in order to look their best!
For Cellulite Reduction treatments: Since weight gain and age contribute to the formation of cellulite, cellulite will come back over time. We recommend a regimen of 4 to 6 cellulite treatments annually to maintain exceptional results. ChillBody treatments can reduce cellulite prior to important events like vacations and weddings where clients want to look and feel their best!!
Treatment is 60 minutes of topical application with the Cryo T-Shock followed by 5 minutes of shock wave treatment. Clients then receive a 3 minute whole body cryotherapy, 5 minute vibration and 30 minute compression.
The treatment is not painful--just a little cold. There is no downtime--just a little redness for an hour or two after the treatment. There are no restrictions on activity after ChillBody.
We recommend a minimum of 3- 5 treatments. Some clients will need more than this to achieve desired results. Some clients will require fewer treatments. We offer discounted 3, 5 and 10 packs so clients can achieve the goals—or even add additional body areas to work on.
- Individuals with kidney or liver disease or who are on dialysis
- Pregnant women
- Severe diabetics
- Individuals receiving chemotherapy
- Individuals with swollen, infected or inflamed areas of the skin
- Individuals with polyneuropathy
- Kids under 15
- Individuals with cold allergy
*We recommend that clients do not eat simple carbs for 2 hours before and after ChillBody. Why? Sugar immediately energizes adipose (fat) cells, enabling them to resist being broken down. The last thing we want is for those cells to survive.
**Please arrive for your ChillBody in comfortable clothes. Depending on what area of the body you are treating, you may want to get undressed for your treatment.
**Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time for your first treatment to fill out the ChillBody waiver.
- Please do not eat simple carbs for 2 hours after ChillBody. Why? Sugar immediately energizes adipose (fat) cells, enabling them to resist being broken down. The last thing we want is for those cells to survive.
- Please drink as much water as possible after ChillSculpts to facilitate fat detox!
- Exercise after ChillBody is recommended.
- Adding whole body cryotherapy to your routine for the 2 weeks in between ChillBody treatments will enhance results.
- Please do not take a hot shower or use the sauna after ChillBody. Your fat tissue will remain cold for a long time—up to 6 hours post treatment. During that time more fat will “freeze”. So keeping that area cold longer is a good thing!
- Some clients experience mild “numbing” sensation in the treated area for several hours post-treatment. This is normal and is just an indicator that we froze a lot of fat! If the numbing does not go away after 24 hours please contact our office.
Whole body cryotherapy activates weight loss in three important ways.
- High calorie burn—a 3 minute whole body cryotherapy session burns between 500 and 800 calories. This calorie burn continues long after the 3 minute session is over as the body reheats after the extreme cold exposure. High calorie burn usually lasts for up to 6 hours after your cryotherapy session!
- Metabolic boost—in an effort to generate heat to maintain core temperature during cryotherapy, the body increases the metabolic rate. This has the beneficial side effect of passively burning more calories long after your cryotherapy session has ended. Higher metabolism is estimated to last 3 to 5 days after your cryotherapy session.
- Appetite suppression: our clients report dramatic reductions in their appetite and food intake. Since losing weight usually involves being hungry (which is very unpleasant!) adding cryotherapy into your weight loss program can alleviate much of the discomfort and stress related to weight loss. Our clients report eating significantly less food because they’re just not hungry.
There are several ways that cryotherapy can reduce fat deposits and cellulite.
- Fat cells are much more vulnerable to cold than other cells in our body. When exposed to extreme cold temperature, fat cells go into “apoptosis” or self-destruction. Fat cells actually break apart and their contents are detoxified through the lymphatic system.
- Enhanced production of collagen. Cellulite occurs due to fat and reduced collagen that causes the dimpled appearance on the skin. Cryotherapy stimulates collagen production which smooths out the cellulite dimples. Our clients experience significant improvement in their cellulite with whole body cryotherapy. We also have an intensive local cryotherapy protocol for reducing stubborn fat deposits and cellulite.
- Fat deposits are significantly reduced by the weight loss associated with cryotherapy.
Whole body cryotherapy stimulates the release of endorphins which have an analgesic effect. Our clients report significant and often immediate relief from all kinds of pain. Whole body cryotherapy is also extremely anti-inflammatory which can have significant pain-relief effects.
Local cryotherapy is the application of very cold air directly to specific body parts (like ankles, elbows, feet, lower back, neck etc. ). Cold air is extremely anti-inflammatory-- swelling and inflammation visibly reduce during treatment! This decrease in swelling and inflammation reduces pain in the area, usually immediately. Depending on the severity of the injury or condition, the pain and inflammation may come back so repeated treatments may be required.
- Exposure to very cold temperature stimulates the release of anti-inflammatory biochemicals. These biochemicals (often called cytokines) circulate throughout the body and can cross the brain-blood barrier. They reduce inflammation in all organs, tissue and muscles within the body. Our clients find reductions in inflammation in the GI tract, brain, heart, muscles etc.
- Cold causes vasoconstriction of blood vessels throughout the body. Vasoconstriction is contraction of blood vessels which pushes inflammation out of all cells. This physical response to cold is also very anti-inflammatory.
Local cryotherapy can be applied directly to the area of pain and inflammation. Local cryotherapy vasoconstricts blood vessels in muscles, tendons and other tissue; this physically pushes inflammation out of these areas, immediately reducing swelling and usually pain.
Autoimmune disorders involve uncontrolled systemic inflammation—this inflammation tends to focus on specific areas of the body depending on which autoimmune disorder is present. For autoimmune disorders we recommend whole body cryotherapy to reduce systemic inflammation throughout the body: in joints, organs, muscles, tissue etc. Whole body cryotherapy reduces pain, inflammation, tightness, stiffness and improves mobility. Our clients also report significant improvements in their cognitive and emotional function—brain fog disappears, sleep improves and depression alleviates.
We treat all auto-immune disorders, neurodegenerative (Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons etc), all inflammatory conditions (gout, tinnitus, dry eyes, Crohn’s, colitis, IBS etc), allergies, and any other conditions with an inflammatory component.
- Cryotherapy reduces pain and inflammation which allows for better mobility, less stiffness and tightness. Athletes feel better and therefore their bodies perform better.
- Whole body cryotherapy also increases energy—so our clients often experience personal bests after cryotherapy treatments.
- Whole body cryotherapy improves focus, concentration and optimism—which significantly benefits the emotional/mental aspects of athletic performance!
Cryotherapy reduces muscle soreness, pain, and inflammation related to physical activity. Athletes use cryotherapy after training or events to recovery more quickly—to feel less pain, stiffness, muscle tightness and to maintain mobility.
- Researchers now believe that aging itself may be cumulative inflammation throughout the body. Visible signs of aging in our skin, joints, organs etc may all be related to accumulated inflammation over our lives.By reducing inflammation systemically throughout our bodies, cryotherapy can halt and even reverse many aging processes. Cosmetically, cryotherapy assists with weight loss, fat loss and cellulite reduction. Cryotherapy also stimulates collagen production—throughout the body!! Our clients experience better joint mobility, stability and health—along with tighter, more firm skin all over the body!
- Cryotherapy also stimulates anti-oxidant production which helps protects against oxidative stress, another source of aging.
- By relieving pain and inflammation throughout the body, our clients can maintain their active, healthy lifestyles which include exercise, eating less and feeling more connected cognitively and emotionally.
CryoFacials are the direct application of very cold hair to the face, neck and chest areas.
- Increases collagen: the skin naturally insulates itself against the cold by producing more collagen—so we see significant firming to the face and neck.
- Tightening to the face—it’s like a mini-facelift.
- Reduction in pore size—the cold temperature causes pores to contract. The texture and smoothness of the skin dramatically improves.
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles—the increased collagen production fills in these areas.
- Reduce symptoms related to rosacea, acne, psoriasis and eczema. These conditions are all inflammation-related and CryoFacials reduce symptoms dramatically.
- Enhanced blood circulation: many clients receive CryoFacials prior to special events to achieve that “red-carpet glow”! CryoFacials improve blood circulation and give clients a beautiful, healthy appearance!!
- Reduction in cortisol, the stress hormone. By reducing cortisol, our clients usually experience improvements in sleep patterns and insomnia.
- Pain relief: pain often interferes with sleep.
- Tightness & stiffness relief: Cryotherapy relieves muscle tightness and stiffness—which can interfere with sleep.
- Detoxification: Our clients report a very detoxifying, rejuvenating effect from cryotherapy which generates deep, restful sleep!!
Most of our clients feel results from cryotherapy after their first session. However, depending on the severity of symptoms and objectives for cryotherapy—it can take 10 to 20 sessions to experience tangible results. Clients with significant pain or inflammation will usually experience improvement within 10 treatments—but to achieve permanent and lasting results, more sessions are usually required.
In our experience, 10 to 20 sessions are required to experience tangible weight loss. We also recommend cryotherapy sessions 3 to 7 times a week to activate weight loss. We offer an unlimited membership which entitles clients to cryotherapy every day. We have found this is the most effective method for significant weight loss.
- Increased focus, clarity, optimism and concentration.
- Memory, word-recall and recognition.
Many researchers believe that cognitive aging is related to cumulative inflammation in the brain. By reducing inflammation throughout the body (including in the GI tract and brain) mild dementia and cognitive impairment can improve.
Whole body cryotherapy has been shown to reduce anxiety and alleviate depression. Researchers now believe that depression is related to neuroinflammation. By reducing inflammation throughout the body (including in the brain), whole body cryotherapy can improve depression symptoms. Our clients report significant changes in their emotional lives. Whole body cryotherapy has also been shown to reduce cortisol—which alleviates anxiety.
Cryotherapy is very safe when implemented by trained, responsible cryotechnicians.
- We ensure client safety by never leaving our clients alone during cryotherapy. We maintain verbal and visual contact with our clients throughout their cryotherapy sessions.
- Industry’s highest standards for safety: through our training and safety protocols.
- Chill Cryotherapy has a medical advisor on-staff who oversees all of our training and safety procedures. He also oversees all of our treatment protocols to ensure client safety and benefit.
Frostbite cannot occur in the absence of moisture. Therefore, at Chill Cryotherapy we ensure that our clients are 100 percent dry prior to cryotherapy. We vigilantly dehumidify our environment and provide dry socks to our clients. We also visually assess our clients prior to cryotherapy to ensure that they are dry!
Our clients report that cryotherapy is more numbing than painful. It is definitely challenging, but it is not painful. At Chill, we strive to maintain an extremely dry environment (no humidity) which makes extremely cold temperatures much more comfortable. Wet cold (like an ice bath) is much more uncomfortable than whole body cryotherapy.
- Pregnant women
- People with uncontrolled (not on medication) high blood pressure
- People with seizure or fainting disorders
- People with recent heart attacks, strokes or those with pacemakers
In general, if you are cleared by a physician for moderate exercise, you are healthy enough for whole body cryotherapy.
Local cryotherapy is safe for nearly everyone however. We cannot apply local cryotherapy to areas with open wounds or draining fluid.
During whole body cryotherapy, your heart rate will elevate slightly as will your blood pressure. Therefore, we equate a whole body cryotherapy session with moderate exercise—like a brisk walk. As soon as your cryotherapy session is over, your heart rate and blood pressure will return to normal. In general, we find that blood pressure will actually go down after 5 to 10 cryotherapy sessions. It is an excellent drug-free method for reducing blood pressure.
- Ice operates around 32 to 34 degrees Fahrenheit while cryotherapy operates around -220 degrees Fahrenheit…Cryotherapy is much colder than ice and therefore has much more powerful effects on inflammation and pain.
- Cryotherapy is also much safer than ice—because ice is wet, it can cause cold burns and frostbite. Cryotherapy occurs in a totally dry environment and therefore cannot inflict these types of injuries.
- Cryotherapy takes 3 to 5 minutes while ice takes up to 30 minutes. Cryotherapy is much more efficient than icing!
Yes!! We treat many patients after all kinds of surgery: cosmetic, orthopedic, podiatric and OB-GYN. Cryotherapy is exceptionally effective at reducing swelling after cosmetic injections, liposuction and tummy tucks. We can reduce your recovery time significantly and get you the results you are looking for through cosmetic surgery.
It is safe to receive cryotherapy post-operatively once you have seen your doctor and your stitches have been removed. As long as there is no oozing or drainage still occurring, it is safe to receive cryotherapy.
We also treat clients pre-operatively: by reducing pain and inflammation prior to surgery, clients experience must faster post-operative recovery.
CryoFacials are excellent for reducing swelling related to botox, fillers and other less invasive cosmetic procedures.